Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fear and Loathing

Working on writing Fear and Loathing in The Psych Ward, the problem is my memories are blurry.  They had me so fucked up on chemicals in there that its hard to piece together the whole experience. But we'll see how it turns out only around 2000 words now.

I did intentionally get myself hospitalized in a psychiatric unit with the intent of doing Hunter S. Thompson style gonzo journalism on the hell hole, granted I was having a nervous breakdown and was completely out of my mind at the time, I acted up the first day and as a result got an extended stay and was heavily sedated to such an extreme it put holes in my memory.

 I wish i could get hold of some sodium pentothal and shoot myself up with like in Hannibal Rising before going to sleep then wake up and take notes of the dream... just kidding but I always wondered if that would actually work.  However it would depend if memories were repressed or literally obliterated by the chemical lobotomy drugs they gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment